Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Welcome to Woltering from Merzen to Illinois Blog

 











Welcome to the Woltering from Merzen to Illinois Blog. In this blog, I will share my research on the Anna Marie Ratermann Woltering family that migrated from Merzen, Germany. Anna and six of her children, three sons (Henry, Herman, and Bernard) and three daughters (Bernadine, Christine, and Catherine) migrated on or around 1872. Family legend has it that she left six deceased children and her late husband buried in Germany when she migrated.

This picture is St. Rose from the 1913 Commercial History of Clinton County from the Clinton County IL Genweb page.

Much of my research has been derived from the St. Rose Church Registries available on Family Search and the Matricula Online records for Merzen. 

I hope you will subscribe to this blog and leave your comments. I would love to have old family pictures to add to my research. Feel free to contact me to share information.



No comments:

Ratermann Family in and around Merzen

 It has been awhile since my last post but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on the key question of where Anna Maria Raterman...